Best minimalist music player.
- Minimalist, transparent, does not feel the interface, highlights the music itself.
- Optimizes for local playback. Supports the light media library, lyrics and visualization. Minimize to systray, less resource occupancy, for listening to music while working.
- Using Bass library, providing excellent sound quality and strong expansion ability. Modular code design, can be free to customize.
- These features come from user suggestions: tag editing, automatic switching list, play queue, mouse gestures, equalizer, audio device selection, the global volume wheel (over systray), font settings, minimalist mode, mouse transparent, pin to desktop and simple layout.
- Portable, free, open-source software (Delphi, MIT License).
- Operating System: Windows XP/7/8/10, 简体 / 繁體 / English / Unicode
- Supports APE / FLAC / WavPack / MP3 / OGG / TTA / TAK / Musepack / AAC / AC3 / WMA / Wav / CD / ALAC / Aiff / MOD / CUE (almost all audio formats from lossness to lossless, and supports video formats by plug-in)
best, minimalist, music player, transparent, local, lossless, open-source, windows
3360 Dynamic background (gif image). Update History
Mcool is an extremely simple and cool lightweight music player, portable and free, powered by Bass and BassVis, with excellent performance and high quality sound effects. by AppNee
Mcool is a very lightweight music player which also has a very unique user interface. Unlike the majority of popular modern music players, Mcool’s interface is completely transparent with only a very thin white border being visible around it. The application also doesn’t have any menus, which might confuse some users after running Mcool player for the first time. by ilovefreesoftware
This player is amazing as it brings simplicity to the extreme having almost no interface but yet it is rather powerful as it provides support for almost any thinkable audio format (it can play the rarely used True Audio- TTA and even Cue sheets), while being truly portable makes it an ideal companion for any external flash drive for easy playing of almost any audio file (there's no support for only extremely uncommon lossless audio formats like Lossless Audio- LA, OptimFROG- OFR, Tom's lossless Audio Kompressor- TAK, and Shorten- SHN). It does not offer many options and customizations since it aims at being a 'bare bones' player entirely relying on a few hot keys (not extremely customizable). All it has to offer is some built-in colour themes (available at left-click just below the playlist, which feature is not documented in the Readme file), the simplest possible progress bar (no time elapsed/remaining), transparency, stay on top, equalizer and associations but its portability, stability and its huge number of supported formats make it a nice player for those, who (like me) enjoy minimalism. by smaragdus
Mcool is a piece of software which proves to be useful when listening to songs, with a good response time and minimal CPU and memory usage. by Softpedia